The seafront memorial was unveiled on 12th December 1920 by Brigadier-General H O’Donnell. He later became President of the Bexhill Branch of the British Legion on its formation in 1921 and was the first local organiser of Poppy Day. The memorial’s three-stepped base is surmounted by a plinth and obelisk of Portland stone to a height of 8.5 metres. Affixed to the front of the monument, facing south, is a bronze female winged figure representing Victory which is the work of British sculptor L F Roslyn (1878 – 1934) whose signature can be seen at the base of the sculpture. The inclusion of Victory is unusual as war memorials tend to mark the loss of life instead of commemorating victory. Six large inscribed panels and several smaller panels bearing the names of the fallen of both World Wars are to be found on all four sides of the Memorial.