The heritage lamp posts, installed during 2003, show the motif of the former Bexhill Urban District Council which was in existence from 1894 to 1902. The motif features the coats of arms of the Bishops of Chichester and the Sackville Family. The Council introduced electric street lights into the town during 1900. The moulding of these lamp posts is based on an original lamp, although its post is now a modern replacement, which can still be found in Buckhurst Place at its corner with Amherst Road, adjacent to the Town Hall. These heritage lamp posts can be seen in Devonshire Square (8 in total), Devonshire Road (15), Sackville Road (12) and Buckhurst Place (7). Except for those in Buckhurst Place they are all painted dark green with a single lamp. In Buckhurst Place they are also now painted dark green but with a triple lamp feature except the original lamp post which has a single lamp.