Around the town centre may be seen five large green hexagonal flowerboxes. Each of the flowerboxes or planters has a plaque recording: Centenary Bexhill-on-Sea 1902 – 2002. They were all installed in June 2002 to mark the one hundred years since the town was granted its charter of incorporation. These flowerboxes can be seen outside the Public Library, Sackville Road; corner of Western Road and Devonshire Road; Devonshire Square opposite the junction with Western Road and the corner of Parkhurst Road and Devonshire Road.
Addendum 28th September 2015: Another plantar, which had been placed at the corner of Devonshire Road and Marina, was removed during summer 2015 when the Marina, including Marina Court Garden, was refurbished; a new location for the plantar has yet to be chosen.
Addendum 20th May 2016: The fifth plantar, removed during summer 2015, has been repositioned on the opposite corner of Devonshire Road and Marina.