Egerton Park was first laid out in 1888 by John Webb, a London surveyor and builder who was responsible for the construction of much of modern-day Bexhill south of the railway between Sea Road and the Polegrove. The park was sold to Bexhill Urban District Council in 1901. An extension to the park was undertaken in 1906 creating the present-day 13 acres. In the past the park has accommodated an open-air swimming pool, a bandstand as well as an open-air theatre. AdiZone, an outdoors sports and fitness area was erected in 2010 as part of the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympic Games legacy. The children’s Play-Zone was extensively refurbished during 2012 and now accommodates the Pebblerush sculpture. Created by two Hastings artists, Leigh Dyer and Joc Hare, the sculpture features bulrushes, insects, boulders and seating. The two domed shelters of the sea-front Colonnade can be seen in the eyes of the ladybird. The materials used include stainless steel and wood; the bulrush flower heads stand over four metres high. The sculpture was officially unveiled on 11th August 2012.