Situated on the A259 roundabout at Little Common are two similar metal signs each standing about 2.5 metres high. They show the outline of a horse painted in gold surrounded by the words Little Common painted in white. The signs were erected by the Little Common Coronation Committee around 1953 and then restored in July 2002. During the restoration the horses were repainted in a gold colour to reflect Queen Elizabeth II’s Golden Jubilee celebrations. The choice of the horse motif is uncertain. It could represent the rural aspects of the village but also the Bexhill Harriers, a pack of now extinct Southern hound, would often gather near here when it was the village green, before setting off.