Tag Archives: St Mary Magdalene’s Roman Catholic Church
Caritas, meaning charity, is a stone relief on north wall of St Mary Magdalene’s Roman Catholic Church, Sea Road. A pelican is seen feeding her three young chicks with blood from her breast. A similar design can be seen above … Continue reading
Agnus Dei – Lamb of God – is a stone relief above arched window on west wall of St Mary Magdalene’s Roman Catholic Church, Sea Road. The church was opened in 1907.
On the back of the Peace Memorial (Trail location #10) can be seen a Latin inscription dated 1920 which records the thanks of the Belgian refugees cared for in the town during the First World War. It also records the … Continue reading